Saturday, November 06, 2010

A Story Of Grown Ups

The new talk in town is 'who is getting knocked up' or 'who just popped'. And to imagine just a few years ago it was 'who just got hitched'. It is the traditional thing to do after all; go to school, go to college. get a job, get married, get station-wagon, then have kids. It is expected of you from the community, your social surroundings. You know the saying; Everyone is doing it..

I was recently at a Fullmoon party. Now if don't know what it is, it's a celebration after a child becomes a month old and it is celebrated by the Chinese. Anyway back to my story, so at the party it got me to realize when I realize, here is a bunch of boys I grew up with and I know these fellows, all of them are a bunch of clowns. Never a dull moment when they're around. All of them have grown up. To hear them speak about pregnancy and the house loan and how much pampers cost is truly an eye opener. These boys have become men...

Gone are the days when we were talking about fast cars and chicks. Now here is where the complication begins; am I the type to follow the traditional way? Get married have a few kids? For a very long time I didn't even believe in the institution of marriage. And I still kinda hate children. I think they're annoying and so NOT cute. Time will tell...

No comments: