Tuesday, March 17, 2009

She acts like summer and walks like rain...

I was on my way home the other night after a movie and I popped in an old CD I found lying about in the glove compartment... Blasting out comes 'Drops Of Jupiter' by Train. Gawd!!! It brought back memories... I remember driving down to Melacca one sunny day, I was on my way to see my then girlfriend and I was driving her Fiat Marea. Let me tell you something about those Italian made machines; they pack a mean punch!

(Anyways, I'm drifting away from the point..)

I remember the drive for the drive. I love to drive... You know that feeling where you don't give a fuck how much money you've got in your pockets, or what to expect the next day or today for that matter... You just throw a few things in a bag, and can't wait to hit the road? I remember driving, talking to myself, monologue'ing movie lines, sipping a coke, munching on a sneakers bar. No expectations on what's beyond that horizon. I guess it was also partly due to the feeling of being in love. Knowing at the end of the journey there was this most sweetest lips on earth waiting for you to plunker when you get there...

(Again, I'm drifting away from the point..)

Back to trying to capture that horizon... I remember a part somewhere after Senawang, when 'Drops of Jupiter' came on the radio (It was 2003, chart topper back then). The moment was beautiful... Mouthing to the lyrics as laud as you can, flooring the engine hearing her purr along the highway... Greens on your left, on-coming cars on your right, white lines going by like you're on warp drive, and pure energy flowing thru your body with no prejudicious thoughts of anything at all... Not a care in the world...

She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey....

2 comments:

mellowdramatic said...

Now that she's back in the atmosphere,
Drops of Jupiter right in her hair, eh yeahah ow....
She walks like summer and talks like rain,
Reminds me that there's room to change, yeah yeah eh eh eh eh!

I love this song as well! Filled with rubbish lyrics, but so wonderfully catchy, and yes, definitely a reminder of that time in our lives!

Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance,
Five hour phone conversations,
The best soy latte that you ever had,
...and me...

Now tell me.

Unknown said...

Every time I hear this song I wanna just jump in the car and blaze the highway... I don't know why!

The same feeling to Tracy Chapman's 'Fast Car'...