Thursday, November 22, 2007

aiirrrghh...walk ta plank, matey!!!

have you ever been in a situation at work, when another department is causing you some losses and you are suffering for it? what do you do? well see i'm always trying to be 'Mr. Nice Guy'. and especially being new, it's not gonna help me if i go guns blazzing into another managers room, giving them instructions.

in my situation i thought it'd be more suitable for my boss to speak to them. you know, i'd be more political about the whole issue; let the elephants clash. so me being a happy smurf 'la la lalala laaa' wen't took some data, then dropped a mail to my boss. so at the end of the mail i said;

'Please help address this issue'

the outcome was so not what i expected, this is what my boss replied to me;

'The statement “Please help address this issue” sounds like you’re giving your boss an action item'

alamak. kena shot down by my own Captain. man over board!!!! well who knows, maybe he had the best intentions in mind, you know, trying to teach me to be more ruthless and approach the other department myself or you know maybe he's telling me, you're no longer 'the new guy', so stop coming crying to me with everything. so i says to him;

'Ooppps…no offence intended. Just thought it’d be more affective if you told her instead of me, ‘the new guy’

then he gives me the answer of the century laaaaa;

'Start getting to know her. She’s cute!!'

i'm starting to think i'm gonna like working here...

No comments: