Friday, October 15, 2010

Of Medals And Boobs...

You know, the whole time the Commonwealth Games was going on, my parents (God bless them) were rooting for INDIA (not that I have a problem with that, I myself was rooting for Canada but I had a valid reason; did you see the boobs on those Canadian women?!) I gotta move to Canada man...

Anyways, it brought a little light into this whole One Malaysia thing. How Malaysian do you feel? I mean take for example my parents; both second generation Malaysians, both honest tax payers and voters, both very dedicated to the community and shit, both read the papers everyday have something to bitch about the government during dinner... Yet here they are not even bothered to check when were the Malaysian teams playing of where they ranked in the medal standings. This one time I came home to catch my mom enthusiastically cheering on the Indian women's hockey team (I only stayed up and watched with her cause did you see the boobs on those Indian women?) and I asked her how did Malaysia fair in hockey? To which her reply was; "Malaysia lost the gold medal they won in cycling, serves them right...". In fact the only one my parents talked about was Nicole David and how she deserved to win.

I'm not saying that my parents are national traitors, neither am I saying that they don't love their country. Every Merdeka, out comes the flag hanging in my front porch and they're always ridding my ass on how I don't do enough to give back to this country (i.e; voting)... So what gives? Why aren't my parents bothered about Malaysia? Is it cause they're not good Malaysian citizens or is it that they feel that Malaysia hasn't given back to them as much and India has? You might ask me what has India given to them, the answer is a heritage and culture that goes beyond time itself. So what is it that Malaysia haven't given back to me? Oh that's simple; we just simply don't have enough heavy chested women in our squad!

P.s; That's not the reason why I don't vote. I still have yet to see a candidate who doesn't seem to have a personal agenda or a cause that's worth my effort...

No comments: