Friday, October 22, 2010

End Of The Red Dawn

When was the last you saw Man Utd dominate a football match? I can't remember either but I'm pretty sure it was when Ruud Van Nistelroy was still their striker and David Beckham was feeding him the passes. Yes, it has been that long. And yes, they've won championships after that but in my opinion, they barely made it. We've had some brilliant players and we still have a decent squad; so what's missing then? I don't see the devil in their game anymore...

A lot of football pundits are claiming 'The Old Man' has lost his grip on his team. Now, I've watched English football since 1992 and I've seen seasons where Man Utd has done really well and then seasons where I just want to forget. 2010/11 is turning out to be one of those I want to forget (then again, I could be wrong. This is football after all and we never know). JFK once said; "When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity". I hope Fergie sees the same!

In my opinion, the squad has players I don't think are Man Utd material. Gibson, Anderson just to name a few. Even Nani, he may have some skill but he isn't the Man Utd spirit! Far too many times all I've seen him do is put his hands on his face and fall to ground because the opposition player blew into his direction! We need replacements for the Scholes, Giggs, Keanes, Beckhams that have come and gone. Now that we're losing Rooney too, I suggest Man Utd start searching high and low and FAST!

No comments: