Friday, October 29, 2010

Hook A Brotha Up...

Do guys do the whole fix up thing? I mean does one guy set another of his guy friends up with a girl that he knows? I know women do it all the time. They itch to fix their friends up.

I'd be a little suspicious if one of my bros came up to me and said; "I have the perfect woman for you, you should meet her. Shall I set it up?". In my head, it sounds more like; "You are competition to me if you remain single. Please be unavailable the next time I introduce you to the woman I am dating...".

Then again, I have a cynical mind, so he could be genuine and really does think of my happiness. I know of friends who do suggest in passing. I remember once my best friend telling me how I should have dated this other person instead of the woman I was going out with. But best friends are allowed to do that. How about the bros? Would it be weird? Am I thinking too much about this? Should I just shut up and enjoy what may come out of it? You know what kinda dates I want to go on? The kind where you pretend to be someone else! Or wait, I think the young kids today call it 'One Night Stands'... Too much of Barney Stinson, I guess.. LOL!

No comments: