Tuesday, November 08, 2005

the things i learnt today...

having not slept since last night, i left for Toyota service centre about 7am, on the way there i saw a beige Volvo S40 next champaigne Fiat Marea at a traffic light (God hates me). well, reaching there at 7.20, i was the first customer. which was great, change one left front absorber and tyre. how long can it take...

8.15am
*83 Toyota's had already pulled into the service centre and 51 of them were Vios'
*i had to explain 3 times to the service engineer what needed to be done with my tyre

9.15am
*all none moveable items (such as TYRES AND ABSORBERS) are not kept in house, there are stored in their warehouse in farking Sg. Buloh

10am
*my car is still waiting for its parts

10.30am
*finally met someone with the same enthusiasm for cars in a service centre

11am
*absober had been changed but now sitting in the bay for a tyre

12pm
*it has been a long time since i had roti canai
*i think i am dyslexic when it comes to reading Malay (Utusan Melayu newspaper at the mamakstall)

1.20pm
*saw my car leaving the service centre, probably for a test drive

1.30pm
*saw my car leave again

1.40pm
*saw my car leave again

1.50pm
*saw my car leave again

2pm
*saw my car leave again

2.02pm
*note to self: not even Ralf Schumacher goes out this many times to test 1 piece Goodyear 15 inch tyres.

2.05pm
*service engineer tells me my car is ready but it'll take until 3pm for it to be washed...'kita bukan saja kena cuci encik punya kereta sahaja...'

2.10pm
*note to self(loud enough for entire service centre to hear): SEVEN HOURS TO CHANGE ONE ABSORBER AND ONE PIECE TYRE, THEN ONE HOUR TO WASH MY CAR? doesn't that sound ridiculous...

the next halfhour
*spent in the managers room, with a chilled box drink of Yeos Soya Bean, telling him how ridiculous it sounds that they needed 7hours to change two of the most easiet changeable parts. had 3 service engineers come up and say you're car will be ready in a couple of minutes.

poor manager, it was his first day taking charge at this branch and he had me to come in this morning but it was nice of him to give me his personal number to call the next time i am coming in. so all the time i spent in Toyota i leave and i realized that the whole time i was there i was really not bothered about anything, cause i was only thinking about her.

i go over to my tint man, put up the 8inch tint above the front windshield, he tells me about his new arrivals. side rear views cover with turn signals, gotta get it next month. i reach home, around 5 and there it was 'Save The Last Dance' playing (God really hates me). time to just sleep...

p.s; Happy Birthday, my Princess...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

how was the roti canai dude...
take it easy man

Unknown said...

roti banjir was heaven, thanks dude...

ellie ng said...

whats a roti banjir??

it's a sign to sell the cursed vios as fast as you can.

shennwye said...

u should have gone to the toyota service centre at sg. buloh. its super near my office :oP plus its a new service centre... so i guess the queue and service would be faster and better :oP

Unknown said...

Eleanor, roti banjir is when they drown the roti with all the curry.

Shenn, why you never tell me this earlier. you dog dog...

Martin, first of all, welcome back and its called Dosa not Thorsai =P

ashlin said...

OMG martin's alive!!!

ashlin said...

ellen: erm didn't u say u wanted to buy his rajes' vios?

shennwye said...

oiks... u no tell me that u were sending ur car to service... u dog dog!

Unknown said...

you should heve known eventually i would send my car for service, so YOU dog dog...

shennwye said...

how would i know that u would eventually send ur car to toyota for servicing? it can be any mechanic or workshop... so YOU DOG DOG!!!

Unknown said...

even though you didn't know that you should habe suggested it to me right...SO YOU DOG DOG!!!!

shennwye said...

DOG DOG!!! ppbbbthhhh