Wednesday, November 02, 2005

so much for Deepavali...

this is really turning out to be a fucked up year for celebrations. at the beginning of the year, Ricardo told me that his birthday is a day after Deepavali, which is really no big deal, cause most of the times its somewhere around the corner from Deepavali and we usually get drunk at my house. then this year my paternal grandma died, so no party. but hey, i thought might as well spend sometime with him today, maybe go for a drink or something..BOOM one of my relatives past away earlier, so now i have to attend a funeral. sorry dude, my relatives are all dying on me, we'll do something tomorrow.

weird, there's been too many funerals on bdays, i remember 2 years ago one of my friends, Khuen's dad dies on my bday. yesterday my aunty tells me my maternal grandma isn't exactly in the best of shape as well, it could just turn there's no Deepavali next year as well,oh yeah the 'death is apart of life' remark comes to mind, but in all due respect, FUCK YOU, GRIM!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't use Happy, not quite Merry...will leave it at wishing you health during this Festival of Lights.

ellie ng said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ellie ng said...

i just got back from singapore, where my boyfriend's grandma passed away last night on her family holiday.

it's been a horrible year,with more disasters and deaths than we can count.

Unknown said...

oh well, if you gotta go...

Anonymous said...

Apocolypse now! Was on plane getting back into Boston yesterday. Wind gusts strong enough to blow the jet ten ways right and left...not Christian but somehow...Oh Father Art Thou in Heaven just sprung from my lips!

Unknown said...

you sure it wasn't something like 'fucking hell' or 'tiu lei' that jumped out of your lips?

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.....ah Rajes, you know my swearing habits too well! Once an Piow, always an Ah Piow!

But the swearing happened before getting on the plane when flight control delayed the flight by one hour due to said winds.

Anonymous said...

Eleanor - not that it is any consolation but my deepest sympathies nonetheless. The dead is gone and the leaving must carry on...to where? That's a separate question.

Unknown said...

there is always that 'see you on the other side' part