Tuesday, October 25, 2005

if you thought the Simpsons was bad.....

so the weekend was just my brother and i, my parent drove up to Penang for family prayers. so i had to cook for my brother and i just realized my brother is THE LAZIEST person in the world, he doesn't do his dishes, probably never done em' ever. i had to wash his plates from saturday till sunday. it was kinda infuriating but it got me thinking as well.

i mean, if i had never left home, i'd be exactly like him and i got a taste of what my mother goes thru with us. she does our laundry, our dishes, cooks for us, cleans up after us, house keeping, God, everything and yet she has the energy to get up everyday and go to work. and she works till 11.30pm. she is Wonder Woman.

but my dad and my brother just have to realize that she can't be Wonder Woman for much longer, and i'm tyring to help in as much as i can but honestly they gotta get their asses up do something. i came back from the UK and the house was in a complete MESS. my room was like a storage room (filled with my brother laundry which he was too lazy to even put it into his closet). i spent almost a month cleaning up the entire house, today i realized that my brothers clothes are still on the sofa downstairs and i've been teling him to take it up to his room for weeks and the thing that annoys me the most is that he keeps giving me this answer; 'Mommy will do it for me...' and when i tell her, she says she will do it for him!!! WTF!!!!

she already washed it for you, folded it, ironed it for you, least you can do is take it up to your FARKING ROOM. i hate to do this to my brother, great guy but he is 27 years old and he depends on my mom to find him his socks and underwear in the mornings?! oh don't get me started on my dad. he has never ironed his work clothes himself, in 30 years my mom has done it all for him and he can actually complain that my mom has no sense of fashion when she sometimes irons a pants that don't really go with the shirt. you want her to iron your clothes, least you can do is pick out the clothes you wanna wear. my dad nor my brother ever say thank you to my mom for all the things she does.

she gets up at 5.30am to prepare breakfast for my dad and brother, when they leave she washes the clothes, dry em, folds them, then leaves for work her self, she comes home at 11.30pm, cooks for my brother and dad, do some housekeeping or something, watches tv till 2 or 3 in the morning, then goes to bed, the routine continues everyday. i mean she doesn't say a word to her son and husband who are abusing their privilege but she yells at me for telling her to go to bed early instead of watching tv. so i've given up on that too. i do what i can, clean up after myself, cook for myself, try, oh god have i tried to keep the house clean but seriously its starting to get to me. i told my mom i'm moving out in a year or two, she kept quiet and walked away in disapproval. i thought if i moved out she'd be less one burden but ofcourse that means my brother and dad get to drain more out of her. i have a great family, whom i love and cherish very much but sometimes i just wanna tie them down and smack the shit out of them! my dad is 60 and can't even make his coffee in the mornings. every sunday is my mom's day off, she gets one day to rest and he gets up at 8am and wakes her up for BREAKFAST!!! and if she gets up grumpy, there goes the sunday, the whole day the both of them will be throwing tantrums at each other.

i think the year away from home has taken the idiot out of me, i don't wanna live like this any longer, i don't wanna ask my mom to make me milo anymore (though its the best damn milo in 13 states). i don't wanna ask her to do anything for me, though no one can do it like she does it. i blame her for the way my brother and dad turned out, she's 'baby'fied both of them and now they don't wanna grow up and she's not doing anything about it either. i tried telling my family that this can't go on any longer and no one listens to me, so i've given up telling them, i'm walking out as soon as possible, cause this is wrong and i don't wanna be apart of it. sometimes i feel i should have stayed in the UK. the grass is always greener on the other side.

anyways...

someone asked me how come i don't update my blog as frequently as i used to, i told her i have nothing much going on in my life and besides, i started a scrap book about a month ago, you know, personal thoughts, scribbling, bitching that sort of stuff, i got thru one book last week so i started another this week. i didn't know what to do with the old one, so i burnt it today. i'm getting weirder by the hour, fat as well. i better hope i get a job soon. i sent out 50 resumes last week alone, and i counted how many i've sent in this past 2 months, a total of (drum roll please); 139, and still no farking replies. i'm jinxed with job hunts, always have been! wanna go back to the UK and meet up with my best friend Hoover 1500?! GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of job you looking for? Sometimes connections help, not that I have many since my stint in malaysian workforce is '0'.

Hear you about self-sufficiency, although when I get home, love being pampered by my Mummy, and yes, I am older than your bro!

Unknown said...

pampered is one thing dude, this is completely wrong..

ellie ng said...

the interviews i've got scheduled actually came from a meeting with someone from an employment agency. do you want to meet him?he's got quite a lot of well-known clients...even tried to give me a position working as a visual designer for sony.

it really helps because then,he'll already know which company needs what,how long they've been looking, whether the position's been taken up or not,etc.

Unknown said...

really..which agency? yeah i'll give it a try.

ellie ng said...

i'll sms you the details...don't feel nice posting up his hp number and all.:P

will do it once i top up my credit.

Unknown said...

alrighty, thanks..

(errmm..do you have my number?)