Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Indian Shoemaker's Log

Stardate: Laces 4, Leather 2, Sole size 10

This week would mark a whole month of my "Stranger in Calcutta' episode. The experience has been bittersweet, something I can always look back and say; "Hey, that wasn't too bad, now was it?". Being chauffeured around like the President is definitely something I can get used to. And a Chai-walla who brings me the best tea I've ever tasted in the cutest little tea cups is above all; luxurious. A laundry man who gets my collars just the way I like 'em is the icing on the cake! If I had my way, Deepak and Shurjeet is coming home with me!

Heaven in a cup at 9am

But there are days I wanted to go from bed to airport straight but that's only normal cause there is no place like home. As I sit here to think about the journey thus far; Somewhere along the lines a few veins have gotten blurred and some swollen up and that 17 year old arrogant prick slipped into a coma. The bust of all that's happened in 2008 till 2010 has made my inner self a stronger person. Strong enough to wake that 17 year old up and tell him; "Haare bhai, challo! Thoda kaam karo!" and this time around, I've learned a trick or two to keep that prick in line.

No comments: