Sunday, April 28, 2013

Power To The People!


I was asked today; 

"Why are you so pro PKR suddenly? Why are you so diligently campaigning on Facebook for people to come out and vote? Weren't you the one, a few months ago who said that even if you don't vote you still have rights in this country? You even condemned the Bersih rallies and now you are supporting them?"

I am not pro PKR, I am pro fair, just, appropriate, condign, conscientious, deserved, due, equitable, ethical, fitting, good, honest, honorable, justifiable, lawful, legitimate, merited, moral, proper, requisite, righteous, rightful, scrupulous, stand-up, suitable, true, upright, virtuous... You take your pick! Those are all the definition and synonyms for RIGHT.

Why am I a keyboard warrior on Facebook? Well for one, this is my bloody wall and I'll say whatever the fuck I wanna say! Secondly, I was never a registered voter until I found out in January that I am and have been voting since 2003! Nobody has the rights to take away what's mine! So this term, I'm voting the cowards who've been misusing my votes all these years OUT of parliament!

I still believe that even if you're not voting in the coming PRU13 every single honest, tax-paying CITIZEN of this country has the right to question the administration of Malaysia come tomorrow. Voting gives you the opportunity to have YOUR say as to whom you think can administrate this country well, citizenship gives you the constitutional right to question the manner YOUR country is run! Period! I pay my taxes, I abide by the law and that entitles me to EVERYTHING that's good and honest.

I still don't think the Bersih rallies were a good idea. We were up against a regime of evil called UMNO and Barisan Nasional, do you really think by marching to the Dataran Merdeka would've made a difference? If yes then that's where you and I have a difference of an opinion. Unity and awareness was already there, people were already willing to come out in the masses to stand up for what Bersih stood for. There was no need to for us to walk straight into swinging batons and stomping police brutality. I can tell by the number of my friends who went out for the Bersih Rally that it was filled with smart people. We could've outsmarted the government and the cops! I support what Bersih stands for, I respect Ambiga for having the courage to speak up against the SPR for the way they've been handling the elections all these years.

I'm sick and tired of mainstream media being manipulated. My intelligence is being insulted when I read about 'anak menteri' gets multi-billion dollar contracts. I am broke from buying a Japanese car cause I refuse to buy the crap piece of shit on wheels they call Proton Saga! I cannot afford to buy a house like my father did, or like his father did and that depresses me! I am up to my neck when I see inefficiency and ineffectiveness run rampant in my city when it comes from traffic to planning to buildings to systems and the people behind all these things. I want fear to be instilled in all government servants, if you can't serve the people, you're OUTTA HERE!

So to quote what's been already said by many; JOM UBAH!

No comments: