Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cause We All Walk Under The Same Moon

In Malaysia, we are well accustomed to the 'tidak ape' attitude. We know about it, we bitch about it but at the same time we do nothing to change the situation.

Here is where we are similar to the Indians;
A Malaysian will be 30minutes away but when questioned, he'll say; 5minutes, on the way. On the other hand an Indian will be 5 minutes away but when questioned, he'll say; 30minutes, on the way. The first is 'tidak ape' the second is 'chalte hai'. Both bears a venomous fruit to society. Being inefficient is not a crime but when you cry about it and at the same time do nothing to change yourself, then I must say; hypocrisy is a crime.

While my stint here in India, I've met some very interesting people;
I met a guy from Calcutta and from the stories he has told me, I've come to believe there is a river with gold flowing through it during the summer. I met another guy from Uttar Pradesh and from the stories he has told me, I've come to believe in the winter it snows of fairy dust and magical things can happen. I met a bloke from Tamil Nadu and from the stories he has told me, I've come to believe that once a year it rains of gold coins. And from the stories I've told all these fellows, Malaysia is a place that will chew you up like cheap tobacco and spit you out to rot in the gutters.

We can learn something from each other here; Perhaps the Indian should criticize his country a little and perhaps the Malaysian should criticize his country a little less.

No comments: